I've always been in awe of my Mum's ability to cram an amazing amount of news into one text message. In today's missive I discovered:
- She was at the hairdresser.
- Life's busy.
- She'd seen my sister's baby scan picture.
- It was beautiful.
- The weather was bad.
- She's going to Queenstown this weekend for a colleague's wedding.
- My uncle's fiancé's shop opens this Monday night.
- The cleaning lady (CL) turned 60 today.
- She and her friend brought said CL a facial as a present.
- She hopes CL will be able to stay still long enough to enjoy it.
- She wanted to know how one of my work projects was going.
- She'll call me soon.
Not bad for 335 characters!
/ 6 comment(s)
Feel free to leave a few words about this post. Pithy, on-point comments will earn you 100 frequent surfer miles and a place in the afterlife ...
"You should sign her up for twitter."
‹ posted by [KwZ] on 16.5.09 ›
"Would have liked to see the actual text message you received from your mom. Intriguing. Queenstown is about 250 km from where I live in East London, I think."
‹ posted by Teresa Schultz on 13.7.09 ›
"Your mother has talent! She should definitely sign up for twitter.
I need a translator everytime my mum tries to send me an sms."
‹ posted by Ria on 22.8.09 ›
"Especially impressive because may Mom's are text phobic."
‹ posted by Los Angeles Tax Attorney on 25.8.09 ›
You did the same thing in 468 characters by my count, spaces and punctuation included."
‹ posted by 2.10.09 › on
"At lease your mum doesnt leave crazy long text messages that resemble emails/ letters. Mine is famous for her terrible mean ramblings. Check it out
‹ posted by talisha on 26.2.10 ›